AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tourmaline and Silver Flower Earrings - Pink and Blue green

I have returned from my vacation, have rested for a few days and then decided it was high time I became creative again, as  my grand kids and creativiy, are the things which get me going in life. I began by thinkung "this is September. I will make September stone earrings with sapphires". I searched through my small  collection of stones, but could not find Sapphires which would go with earrings. As it was too hot and damp outside, I gave up the idea of going down to my favorite shop, where I buy stones for setting and between you and me - I've become a too lazy to walk in this summer's unbearable weather.

While searching through my stone collection I found a few Tourmaline cabochons, one was blue green and the other - pink. I had an idea of a pair of earrings in my mind. So I spontaneousely got to work at my table and this is the outcome:




The earrings are somewhat longer than the standard dangles, but not too long. I am a small woman and I felt that I could wear these earrings too, as they are in proportion with the length of my own neck.

As I like to search other people's shops too, I  have searched "pink and blue green" on Etsy and found quite a few lovely items under these tags. Here are a few of them:

T

The last wonderful unique item comes from Finland, out of a shop named ForMyDarling where you may find mittens,bags,homedecor, owls , birds and wedding decor. The following
are a lovely example of the warmth and love invested in them:




The owner of "ForMyDarling" loves to work mainly with wool, she collects all her materials in flea markets, and creates her felt by using her washing machine.

I guess I could find many more beautiful items on Etsy under the tag "blue green and pink" but there are so many shops there, and I do not wish to tire you with a too lon post!


7 comments:

holly said...

Wow, really beautiful earrings! The colors work really great together!

Memories for Life said...

This is one of my favorite color combos and I love the idea of having two different colored earrings! Great features as well :)

Isobel Morrell said...

Love the ear-rings: they work well together and as for your choices, well they're great too.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation: good to see you back again though

riorita said...

Thank you Holly,memoriesforlifescrapbooks and Isobel Morrell!

Sheryl Hastings said...

The earrings are beautiful! I've never seen any like them. So original too.

That scarf is so colorful and pretty.

riorita said...

Thank you Shery Hastings!

Sarah Leonard said...

I love your earrings and your finds on the other store's site - lovely. I'd love it if you'd link one of your handmade posts to my Super Handmade Sundays linkup tomorrow :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity