AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

Teardrop Pearls and silver Flower earrings

Pearls of all sizes and shapes have been some of women's most favorite objects. History shows us jewelry endowed with pearls worn by majestic figures - queens, princesses and even ladies from lower social ranks of historical ages.

I have recently "discovered" a painting by 16th century Scottish artist Adrian Vanson, of Queen Anne of Denmark, wife of  King James the VI. and as I viewed her in admiration, I observed the  expression in her eyes, the high forehead, her beautiful hair jewelry , and.....her earrings.

Of course this was a source of inspiration to me, and as I have recently acquired a pair of beautiful classy teardrop pearls, I have set to work, and this is the result:


I hammered a piece of silver to shapes of small flowers, had them cast, then polished the silver and oxidized it, added the studs and loops, finally hung the white  teardrop pearls to dangle.

Made with Love!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/100037837/silver-and-pearl-earring-studs-dainty



8 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

These are lovely! The silver flowers you created set the pearls off beautifully!

riorita said...

Thank you very much Trina!

Duni said...

Your teardrop pearl earring are beautiful! The perfect size too!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, it made smile. I also could never be angry with any of my cats :)

Nichole said...

Those are beautiful! Whenever I paint a historical portrait, I almost always include pearls. They're so classic.

Sweet Fix @ Maria Corcuera said...

those earrings are amazing!! I really love pearls

nancy john said...

Beautiful women always like Beautiful Earrings

Blogger said...

What's the quality like? Definitley worth checking out and I really like your blog..
jewelers mn

riorita said...

Thank you everyone!