AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Aquamarine beach glass and Silver necklace with Mint and Sage leaves

Saturday the sky was clear and it was nice and warm, I let my cat Mazie out to her balcony and saw that the mint and sage in the window box  have returned to life during Spring. As I was holding a piece of Aquamarine colored beach glass in my hand, I realized I knew how I wanted  to spend the rest of my Saturday.


Inspired by the freshness of the leaves, I sat at my work table at home and handcrafted this necklace:


Riorita - Aquamarine beach glass with silver,brass and copper Necklace
To make it, I used a flat peace of silver of 0.6mm thickness, and soldered on it sawed and hammered leaves from brass and copper pieces I found in my metal box.


When I finished it I was rather satisfied, as it was made with love! With a necklace like this decorating your outfit, who needs Gold?! - I definitely don't! 

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Very cool! Nature can be so inspiring :)

Laura Leeder said...

Such a pretty peice! Thanks for sharing.

Sweet Fix @ Maria Corcuera said...

That necklace is amazing!

riorita said...

Thank you everyone!