AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ancient style silver and Moonstone Pendant necklace

Sometimes I like to play with ancient styles of jewelry from the past. I remembered the movies I used to watch with kings and queens wearing these large heavy rich necklaces, and felt I simply MUST make one of my own. The result of this urge is this Large silver pendant with stones:
Riorita - Large Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace with Moonstone and garnets. 
 I sawed two flowered shapes from a flat piece of sterling silver, the higher piece was made smaller so that the lower part can be seen from the top. I connectied the two parts in the middle with a sterling silver silver tube, on upper flower I soldered 4 small flowers which I handcrafted and cast beforehand. I set the top with a beautiful moonstone in the center, and four small garnets in the flowers. Then added a thick sterling silver cable chain.


That's what happens to a metalsmith like me when she watches too many historical movies! What will ever become of me?!


It is International women's day  and I was somehow reminded of a wonderful  song , one of the best I've ever listened to, written by a woman - Sandy Denny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8&feature=fvwrel 



5 comments:

Cat said...

I'm here, I'm here, Irith (I was following by e-mail before ;-))

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the color combination and now I want spring!!

riorita said...

Thank you Car! I am so happy to see you here!

SibStudio said...

what a lovely piece! It does look perfect for royalty. :)

PaulandMichele said...

This piece is incredible Irith. My birthstone is Garnet and I love the oxidized look of the silver with the moonstone!!!

Blogger said...

SilverGoldBull is the most reputable precious metals dealer. You will be provided with bargain, live prices and make sure that your precious metals are delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.