AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My cat Mazzi and the Eye of the Storm

For the last two days it has been stormy here, with heavy rains and howling winds. It was impossible to get to my jewelry workshop out of town . The roads were covered with water. At home, The rain was banging on my closed shutters, and the winds begging to barge in, making a terrible screamy noise.
This morning there have been a few bright  hours of peace.  So I have opened the windows to let in some fresh air into my apartment.
I have a small balcony which I ordered  especially for my cat Mazi ("Mazl"  means Luck) so she can enjoy the sun and her grass out there.It is attached to the wall under my living room window. I grow herbs there too during Spring and Summer, and there is a lot of space on it for her to bask in the sun and enjoy herself without falling off. Now, during the winter, the leaves have dried and flown away in the winds. I suppose the herbs will grow back again in the spring and it will all be green again.
This morning  during what I call " the eye of the storm" , I let my kitty out so she can enjoy the clear air and as you may see she looks rather content.
Mazzi taking a break from the storm
Oh No! Now - the winds have begun to howl again and the skies are filled with heavy dark  clouds!! That was a break too short! ..."Come back inside Mazi! You'll get wet, and your favorite heater is nice and warm!"
Hope I'll be able to drive to my workshop to design some new jewelry  tomorrow. The storm has wasted too much of my time!

9 comments:

Sheryl Hastings said...

I hope by now your storms have subsided. We are having a storm of a different type here. We live in the Lake Michigan snowbelt so we are getting dumped on with LOTS of snow right now!

Your cat is beautiful!!! I hpoe you can make it to the shop today. I hate when things interfere with my creativity!

To answer your question on my blog, it's Illegal in the state of Indiana (I'm sure other too) to own an owl. They are considered wildlife and must be left alone. I work for an animal clinic where we also rehab wildlife and the DNR has tight restrictions and rules that we must carefully follow.

FabricFascination said...

The weather has been so weird this winter. We have had so much warmth and so little snow.

I hope that your storm has passed on by now.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

What a beautiful cat! And a lucky cat to have a balcony!

Jennifer said...

Your kitty is so cute! I hope you get some more bright and peaceful days ahead :)

Sandy said...

Mazl is a beautiful cat. I love the markings on her face. I hope you did not have to spend to much time talking into coming inside!

pasqueflower said...

What a great photo. I believe pets and children need fresh air and sunshine. Mazl is lucky to have her special balcony.

Wishing you sunny skies and safe travels back to your workshop.

riorita said...

Thank you very much everyone.Dear Sher, my adopting an owl is just wishful thinking. I think she would not get along too well with my cat.

Laura Beth Love said...

Wow look at those eyes!

Ponder said...

Rawr ... what a pretty girl! Ask her if she'd like to have a pen pal cat in Germany, please ....